Plastic Mold Release Coating
Dicronite® dry lubrication is an effective plastic mold release coating, improving release during the molding process. Dicronite® dry lubrication is also to lubricate moving parts in the mold tooling and equipment. By providing a permanent plastic mold release coating the use of operator applied release agents can be eliminated. This provides increased production and reduced maintenance downtime.
Dicronite® dry lubrication is also biocompatible, enabling its use as a plastic mold release coating medical molding applications. Tested to ISO-10993-5 international standards, Dicronite® dry lubrication as a plastic mold release coating improves the release of low-draft components such as syringes, cannula, and injection devices. Improved release translates into faster cycle times and lower scrap and waste.
Dicronite® dry lubrication is the industry's key plastic mold release coating due to our proven ability to reduce cycle times and improve mold flow, resulting from its high lubricity (µ=0.030) and precision tolerance (0.5 micron maximum), coupled with non flaking properties and low application temperature. Many international companies use Dicronite® dry lubrication to:
- Reduce cycle times due to improved release and better mold flow
- Reduce reject rates for a low draft or undercut parts such as caps and closures
- Enhance the performance of CrC, CrN, TiN and other surface treatments as a co-deposit
- Mold medical device components that require biocompatibility to ISO-10993
Dicronite® dry lubrication is also an effective lubricant for guides, pins, and bushings. Improved performance and life of these components effectively reduces downtime and increases production.
Dicronite® is available throughout the world for plastic molding release applications and other precision applications. For more information contact Lubrication Sciences International, Inc. at 800.874.4319/ 408.834.7442 or you can email us at [email protected].
Dicronite Dry Lubrication Benefits
Reduced Cycle Times with Improved Plastic Mold Release:
- Up to 25% cycle time reduction demolding polypropylene undercut screw caps.
- 15% cycle time reduction demolding ethylene vinyl acetate seal.
- 10% cycle time reduction demolding polypropylene measuring cup closure.
Reduced Reject Rates with Improved Plastic Mold Release:
- Force-demolded polypropylene notched snap reject rate reduced plus an added benefit of 12% cycle time reduction.
- Force-demolded polypropylene measuring cup closure reject rate reduced from ~1% to <0.1% by reduced jolting during demolding.
Reduced Maintenance Costs with Improved Plastic Mold Release:
- 1 million cycles with no noticeable wear on 70N side loaded 3mm ejector pins.
- 10x ROI (cost reduction/application cost) on sliding parts used in shaping interior honeycomb contour for molded polyamide gear levers.
Reduced Filling Pressure with Improved Plastic Mold Release:
- In molds with long flow distances and small wall thickness, the filling pressure may be reduced, lowering flash production and energy costs, and extending mold life.
Dicronite® is available throughout the world for plastic molding release applications and other precision applications. For more information contact Lubrication Sciences International, Inc. at 800.874.4319/ 408.834.7442 or you can email us at [email protected]