Plastic Mold Release Coating
Dicronite® dry lubrication is an effective plastic mold release coating, improving release during the molding process. Dicronite® dry lubrication is also to lubricate moving parts in the mold tooling and equipment. By providing a permanent plastic mold release coating the use of operator applied release agents can be eliminated. This provides increased production and reduced maintenance downtime.
Dicronite® dry lubrication is also biocompatible, enabling its use as a plastic mold release coating medical molding applications. Tested to ISO-10993-5 international standards, Dicronite® dry lubrication as a plastic mold release coating improves the release of low-draft components such as syringes, cannula, and injection devices. Improved release translates into faster cycle times and lower scrap and waste.
Dicronite® dry lubrication is the industry's key plastic mold release coating due to our proven ability to reduce cycle times and improve mold flow, resulting from its high lubricity and precision tolerance (0.5 micron maximum), coupled with non flaking properties and low application temperature. Many international companies use Dicronite® dry lubrication to:
- Reduce cycle times due to improved release and better mold flow
- Reduce reject rates for a low draft or undercut parts such as caps and closures
- Enhance the performance of CrC, CrN, TiN and other surface treatments as a co-deposit
- Mold medical device components that require biocompatibility to ISO-10993
Dicronite® dry lubrication is also an effective lubricant for guides, pins, and bushings. Improved performance and life of these components effectively reduces downtime and increases production.
Dicronite® is available throughout the world for plastic molding release applications and other precision applications. For more information contact Lubrication Sciences International, Inc. at 800-874-4319/ 208-621-2537 or you can email us at [email protected].
Dicronite Dry Lubrication Benefits
Reduced Cycle Times with Improved Plastic Mold Release:
- Up to 25% cycle time reduction demolding polypropylene undercut screw caps.
- 15% cycle time reduction demolding ethylene vinyl acetate seal.
- 10% cycle time reduction demolding polypropylene measuring cup closure.
Reduced Reject Rates with Improved Plastic Mold Release:
- Force-demolded polypropylene notched snap reject rate reduced plus an added benefit of 12% cycle time reduction.
- Force-demolded polypropylene measuring cup closure reject rate reduced from ~1% to <0.1% by reduced jolting during demolding.
Reduced Maintenance Costs with Improved Plastic Mold Release:
- 1 million cycles with no noticeable wear on 70N side loaded 3mm ejector pins.
- 10x ROI (cost reduction/application cost) on sliding parts used in shaping interior honeycomb contour for molded polyamide gear levers.
Reduced Filling Pressure with Improved Plastic Mold Release:
- In molds with long flow distances and small wall thickness, the filling pressure may be reduced, lowering flash production and energy costs, and extending mold life.